Mon 29 June & Fri 3 July
Mon 6 July & Fri 10 July
LIMITED TRADING HOURS OVER SCHOOL HOLIDAYS.
OPEN ONLY TUESDAYS, WEDNESDAYS & THURSDAYS
7am – 2pm.
We’re open for takeaway & delivery!
Order online (click below) or phone 0452 020 347.
The safety of customers and staff is our top priority.
- ORDER ONLINE: We’re open for business with a smaller menu – food, hot drinks and prepackaged pantry essentials – for takeaway and delivery only. Head to our online shop to order or phone us on 0452 020 347.
- DELIVERY is $5 within Darebin with a minimum purchase of $30. Order by 11.30am for same-day delivery between noon and 1.30pm.
- TAKEAWAY: Show us your dist-dance! Please use the few square metres around you as your personal dance floor while you wait for your order. We’ll provide the dance tunes. We ask that you please don’t gather in groups of more than two people while waiting for your order and use our guides on the concrete to maintain your physical distance.
- If you bring a reusable cup, please don’t hand it to staff – hold on to your lid and place your cup on the tray provided and we will pour your drink directly into it.
- Our team is sanitising and disinfecting surfaces every hour. Regular handwashing is being enforced for all team members, and staff are wearing gloves through all stages of preparation and service.
- Our preferred payment method is now EFT/credit card. There is a 2.2% surcharge for credit-card transactions.
- We have hand sanitiser available at the front of the cafe.
- Most importantly: if you are feeling unwell, please stay home and take care of yourself.
As always, our community is what keeps us going. Thank you as always for your support, understanding and consideration at this time.
Moon Rabbit is an award-winning, environmentally innovative social-enterprise café from Bridge Darebin.
From little things, big things grow
We launched Moon Rabbit in March 2018 to create practical training opportunities for learners with additional needs. TTT – Tiered Training & Transition is a tailored work-readiness program with classroom-based training, ongoing support and practical placement at Moon Rabbit.
We also wanted to create an income stream to support our community programs that are currently underfunded, such as Laneway Lunches, which feeds 40-60 people each Friday.
In our first year we trained 26 students through the TTT program and prevented more than 10,000 disposable coffee cups from ending up in landfill.
In 2019 this program won the Victorian Learn Local – Creating Local Solutions Award.
What’s a moon rabbit?
The moon rabbit is a popular character in Asian folklore, known for its kindness and generosity of spirit, that watches over us from the moon. If you look closely, you can see the image of a rabbit pounding a mortar and pestle in the moon at night.